- MORE ABOUT MONEY
- BOOKS ON BANKING
- Join Our Newsletter
- THE PROBLEM IN CARTOON FORM (opens new window)
- HOW TO CONTRIBUTE
U.S. ACTION PLAN
Write to the President, your senators and congressman or woman demanding implementation of the following as a condition of continued or possible future political support.
1. Immediately pass a law to prohibit all politicians, candidates for political office and political parties from accepting money from any financial institution as well as make it a criminal offense for any such institution, either directly or indirectly, to offer it.
(In this connection it may be necessary to ask the Supreme Court of the United States to reverse two decisions. A. The decision to recognize corporations as “persons.” Corporations have neither heart nor soul and are, by definition, not persons. B. Reverse the decision allowing corporations to spend unlimited sums on election advertising. As long as corporations, including those that have licenses to print money, can promote their own interests through election advertising, America will be cursed with “the best democracy money can buy.”)
2. Rescind the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 and establish a publicly-owned central bank of the United States.
3. Meanwhile have the Treasury print sufficient greenbacks, or equivalent, to balance the federal budget, provide desperately needed relief to the states and municipalities, and stimulate the economy to the point where it is operating at its optimal capacity.
4. Reduce the leverage of the privately-owned banks steadily from their current larcenous rates until they can be capped at 2 to 1. Enact strict new regulations as to the purposes for which banks may or may not extend loans.
5. Accept the fact that global warming is at a critical stage and set a ten-year time target to change from a fossil fuel economy to a clean energy economy.
6. Disclose to the public and the world all advances in the development of exotic energy sources that have taken place in the last 60 years since the U.S. began to back-engineer the technology of extraterrestrial visitors. Any such technology, including any secret patents filed during this period, should be made available to the world at very modest royalties in order to facilitate a worldwide energy revolution.
7. Accede the Outer Space Security and Development Treaty. www.peaceinspace.com